Monday, December 22, 2014

A GIFT OF ART

A Great Big Hello There!

I'm starting a new class the day after Christmas.  As a gift to myself.  I know. But I wanted to take this class since it was introduced in the summer, so why not after Christmas when there is some down time?  Last year I signed up for two classes to start the New Year, I'm getting a jump start on 2015.  And THIS time it will be different, I think I will actually stick with it for the entire 4 week course.  Last year was a kind of a bust for me when it came to sticking with classes. I admit that I was a bit hasty in my decision to sign up for not one but TWO year- long projects and became overwhelmed. And, well sometimes you find that once you get into a class it just isn't your cup of tea. At that point you can decide to either ditch the class or make yourself miserable. I chose to ditch both, one after the first month (not my cuppa tea) and the other after a few months (lost interest).  Yes, I lost a bit of money on the deal but I have No Regrets! Live and learn, right?

sketchbookery button

Recently an email reminder came through my in-box about Mary Ann Moss's Sketchbookery class that was all it took for me to zoom over and sign up! I knew from reading about the first class she offered in the Summer that the Winter course fits my time schedule as well as my love for watercolor and sketching. Besides, to be perfectly honest with you, I've been a big fan of MAM and her blog Dispatch From LA for a few years now, secretly admiring her travels, work, carefree attitude and crazy sense of humor. I love MAM style and her willingness to share it.  Go ahead, check out the class and let me know if you sign up, maybe we will see each other in cyber class! I can't wait to get started and I'll be posting here about it. 

Bee Creative!
Suzy

P.S. 
I'm still enjoying my class with Joanne Sharpe! 

2 comments:

Anne Payne said...

Excited to see what you create in your new class! I lost interest in a lot of things this year. Maybe my zest will pick back up next year. Who knows?

Merry Christmas, sister!
Love you bunches xoxo

Breesmimi said...

Hey Anne,can't wait to see what we'll be doing in MAM class and you can bet I'll be sharing it with you! Hope you will get your ZEST back for creating too! Merry Christmas to you! Love you bunchesxoxoxo