Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Tinsel, Glitter & Glue

Greetings Friends!

December is here and its officially time to start hanging the greens and getting our home decorated in the traditions of the season.  Our Christmas tree is up but not decorated and a few crafty projects are in the works.

For several years now I've been doctoring up the old Christmas wreath that hangs on the front door, thinking I would eventually get a new one to replace it.  This was the year for making a new Christmas wreath and I found all the supplies at the Dollar store.

 It all started when the shiny silver tinsel caught my eye....originally my plan was to make an ornament wreath but that shiny tinsel had me and pretty soon there were berries and before I knew what was happening I had a basket full of silver glitter pine cones and red berries and shiny red and silver ornaments, OH MY!



It has been YEARS since I've used a hot glue gun but this project called for the heavy duty glue and you know what that means....lots of painful glue burns. Not a fan of the low temp glue but I might need to rethink that position.  

And yes I've been busy crafting other Christmas things but just a glimpse for now.....

Something Red & White.....

Something Green & Red........



Have you been crafting and decorating?  Stop back by again....I'll be sharing these with you soon!

Bee Creative
Suzy

2 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh love that silver pinecone wreath--you did such a beautiful job on it...ihave never used a glue gun--sounds intimidating....hugs, Julierose

Breesmimi said...

Hello Julierose...thanks for stopping by! Wishing you all the best for a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!